Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of "Just Doing It"

So I have been a terrible blogger but have continued to read blogs and everybody seems to be doing The Nester's 31 Days so I figured what better time to jump back into blogging. In a weird way I kind of hope nobody reads this, I feel inadequate and so 2011 in this big blog world, but I honestly just want this space to be a journal for me and my family and really want to jump back in. I've read so many things about the mom being the memory keeper of the family and am sad to say I have been failing miserably at being the memory keeper. I'm hoping if I can stick with this 31 days it will be a jump start to me keeping up with my blog.

So why 31 days of "just doing it"? I have a terrible problem where I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want to do things a certain way, and if I can't do something to the exact way that I think it should be then I would rather just not do it. I'm a black and white, all or nothing person. This is in all areas of my life including blogging, which is why I haven't kept up with it. I don't want to live this way anymore and really want to give myself enough grace to realize it doesn't have to be all or nothing. That God doesn't expect perfection from me and neither should I.

I'm hoping this 31 days is a spring board of change for myself to realize that I just need to do and be the best I can, and that doesn't mean being perfect at everything I do. During this 31 days I hope to revive/update my blog and to explore things that I haven't done because I'm "scared" of it not being 100%.



The Rainey Daze

1 comment: